Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Reflection on the Panel

The panel speaker I thought did a great job at informing me of how cross-language schools work. I was real interested in the idea that kids who are fluent in another language are usually two grades ahead of normal public school students. I also couldn't believe the great idea of letting kids go to college while attending high school. I am depressed that I was never given that chance. I could only imagine how many more options I would have if I earned a degree pretty much out of high school. Another cool idea was the pairing of students with different native languages. I really like how one student needs to process new information and then teach his/her partner the material in a different language. I have a family friend whose daughter attends El Sol and they absolutely love the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment