Monday, March 15, 2010

Hispanic Grocery Store

My experience with a Hispanic grocery store was a thought of "Get me the hell outta here!" I'm being sarcastic, but whoa! what a culture shock. I got a feeling of what it feels like to be the minority. Everything was written in both English and Spanish. Even the nutrition facts were in Spanish. There was an abundance of Frozen yucca, which is the equivalent to the potato. Different named candy. The store's soundtrack was in complete Spanish. All the window signs were written in Spanish and I just couldn't get over the fact that I was still in America! But I can really see how a person of these cultures would feel comfortable within a store such as this. I would be doing the same thing if I was in a different country and I needed a juicy cheeseburger.

No comments:

Post a Comment