Thursday, March 25, 2010

Heritage

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiPm24vSOJeyExZ7JnVbh7A2vq5tVieuQnk7BnmLvLobVf5h2Yeuf1jB8swDcbBRTMweHfSPI50TmcuqoYF4Zrf1t4MuXvyQrB4cghQIC1qD9D2kpBySsvW9Y5F1YCC9vAL7m0VpPGe0_g/s400/caucasian04.jpg
To sit here and try to label one specific heritage in which i come from, I find the task nearly impossible. On the other hand, I believe that my heritage is from the formation of many cultures blended into one. Hence, this is what helps give me my characteristics and personality. Looking at some of the defining factors, I believe that each type of culture lends itself traits that another type of culture can use and begin to learn from.

Using literature as a medium, I think it is imperative to find writings that show people that everyone is different, but also have many of the same mindsets. Each and every culture always seems to base a big importance on community, family, and friendship. These are components within life that everyone can relate to.

Connecting my culture with a Hispanics students culture I feel is relatively easy. What about other cultures makes them feel that we have nothing in common. Besides some things mentioned earlier, we all love fun, enjoy some type of sport, and enjoy companionship. Now it is just up to the instructor to find ways to incorporate these types of themes with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment